Cookies are small encrypted text files which enable the web server to save information on the user device (PC, tablet, smartphone etc.) which can be used again during the same session or later or even days after (persistent cookies). Cookies are saved by the web browser to track the preferences of the user.
Also similar programmes might be used, like web beacon, transparent GIF and all forms of local saving with HTML5, to track information on the user’s browsing behavior and on the use of internet services.
For the sake of simplicity, in this document cookies and similar programmes are just defined as “cookies”.
Kinds of cookies
Depending on their features and applications, cookies are split in the following categories:
- Necessary “Technical” Cookies. These cookies are indispensable for the correct functioning of the website of RIVA FORNI ELETTRICI. They are used for the log in and for the access to non-public functions of the website. The duration of the cookies is limited to the session. They are deleted after closing the browser. If they are disabled, these services are not available after the log in. The public area of the website of RIVA FORNI ELETTRICI remains available.
- Profile cookies. These cookies are for analysis and performance. They are used for tracking anonymously the data traffic on the website and for analysis. Without identifying the user these cookies enable to assess whether the same user is accessing the website at different times. Moreover, by using these cookies it is possible to observe the system in order to improve performance and user friendliness. When these cookies are disabled no functions are lost.Profile cookies
- The persistent cookies enable – both anonimously and non-anonimously – to track the user’s browsing preferences in order to optimize his browsing behaviour. These cookies are not used on the websites of RIVA FORNI ELETTRICI.
When visiting a website, cookies of this website as well as cookies of third-parties may appear, e.g. the social plugin with facebook, twitter, Google+, linkedin and some google tools (Youtube and Google Maps) and with Yahoo (Flickr). These are buttons direkty generated by the a.m. websites andintegrated on the visited host website. If these plugin are there, the cookies are transferred from and to all websites operated by these third parties. The administration of information collected by third parties is subject to the relevant guidelines to which we herewith refer. For the sake of transparency and simplicity we list here the web addresses where you can get nformation about how third-party cookes are used:
- Facebook (information): https://en-gb.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Facebook (configuration): Access to your own privacy account
- Twitter (information): https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/login?lang=en
- Linkedin (information): https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Linkedin (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
- Google+ and other Google Tools (information): http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google+ and other Google Tools (configuration): http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing//
- Flickr and other Yahoo pages: https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/topics/cookies/index.html
temp_cp_id_# (24 hours) collects internal information display banners.
The websites of RIVA FORNI ELETTRICI contain a few components transmitted by Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a Google tool analyzing the web traffic. Also in this case it is a third-party cookie run anonymously to monitor and improve the host website (performance cookie).
Google Analytics uses performance cookies for tracking and analyzing information about the user’s browsing behavior on the websites of RIVA FORNI ELETTRICI (including the user’s IP address). This information is processed to give the staff of RIVA FORNI ELETTRICI an idea about the utilization of our website so that it can be adapted to the needs of the user. This wbsite does not use Google’s analysis tools for monitoring or tracking personal identity data and does not allow third parties to do so.
For more information please see following links:
The user may disable Google Analytics by installing on his browser the “opt-out” component supplied by Google. For further details on disabling Google Analyticsplease see the following website:
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only for the duration of the session. They are disabled when the browser is closed or at the log out. Other cookies “survive” the closing of the browser and remain available also for the next sessions of the user.
These are socalled persistent cookies, their duration is determined by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases they have a certain date of expiry, in others their duration is unlimited.
When browsing on the websites of RIVA FORNI ELETTRICI connections to third-party websites might be built up, which eventually generate or modify persistent cookies or profile cookies.
By configuring his/her browser the user can decide if he/she wants to allow cookies or not.
Note: By totally or partially disabling technical cookies you may limit web functions reserved for registrated users. Public website areas are usable without limitation, even if cookies are totally disabled. No limit whatsoever in browsing occurs when third-party cookies are disabled.
Configuration can be done specifically for different websites and web applications. High performance browsers enable you also to make differenet configurations for own cookies and for third-party cookies. For further information please see following links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en/a>
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265